Website SEO Audits
Is your website not working as well as you think it should? Not bringing you many customers? Alphasearch Halifax can find out why. An SEO audit of your website will discover the reasons your website isn't performing and what we can do about it. We will show you what's wrong and what's right with your site and, more importantly, how to fix it.
Mobile search is rising fast. Over 60% of all searches are now done on a mobile device. You need a mobile search marketing strategy. Do you have a mobile-friendly, responsive design site? No? Better get one now. Google is ranking mobile friendly sites higher. And not only are mobile searches growing - they mean business. According to Google, nine out of ten mobile searchers take action after a phone search. According to Mobile Marketer, seven out of ten follow through within an hour of conducting the search.
Get An SEO Audit for Your Website.
Find Out What's Wrong With Your Site, and How to Fix It.
Website audits are a comprehensive examination of page performance prior to large-scale search engine optimization (SEO) or a website redesign. Here are the top 12 key components of a website audit:
1. On-Page SEO: Check each page for proper use of SEO elements such as meta titles, meta descriptions, headers, keyword usage, and alt tags. Each page should be optimized around a unique keyword.
2. Website Content: Look for quality, relevance, uniqueness, and freshness of content. Good content is user-focused, written in a natural way, and updated regularly.
3. Technical SEO: Review site architecture, site speed, URL structure, mobile responsiveness, sitemaps, robots.txt files, canonical tags, broken links, 404 errors, and redirects.
4. Website User Experience (UX): Audit site navigation, site layout, call to actions, and overall design. Websites should be user-friendly, easy to navigate, and visually appealing.
5. Off-Page SEO: Analyze your backlink profile for quality and diversity, check your domain authority, and assess your presence on social media platforms.
6. Competitor Analysis: Analyze your top competitors' websites and their SEO strategies to identify opportunities to improve your own website's ranking.
7. Website Security: Verify that your website is using HTTPS and that all security updates have been implemented to protect against cyber threats.
8. Site Performance: Check the loading speed of your website on both desktop and mobile devices. Website loading speed can significantly impact SEO and user experience.
9. Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO): Look at your conversion funnels, call-to-action buttons, landing pages, and any e-commerce aspects like shopping carts or checkout processes.
10. Social Media Integration: Assess how well your website is connected with your social media platforms. Share buttons, links, and embedded feeds can enhance your online presence.
11. Local SEO (if applicable): If your business has a local presence, verify your name, address, and phone number (NAP consistency), Google My Business listing, and local citations.
12. Analytics: Review Google Analytics and Google Search Console data to understand your website’s current performance, organic traffic, bounce rate, and other valuable metrics that can guide your SEO strategy.